There’s been a handful of spoon fish mobiles hanging up in my mom’s house for as long as I can remember. My Grandpa made them long ago and they’ve gotten quite tarnished over the years. The last time I was home I made it my mission to get them polished up and restrung. I tried silver polish which didn’t do a thing. And after some googling I used bowling water, baking soda, and lined a dish with aluminum foil.
After some polishing the spoons turned into beautiful silver fish! It’s quite amazing to see the before and after.
I used the same beads and restrung it with new fishing wire. I can’t decide if my favorite part is the jeweled eyes that were carefully glued in, the extra holes that I can only assume was a mistake when he attempted to make it the first time, or the fact that the mobile is hung with a bent fork! So clever.